Our turkey adoption box celebrates our unique duo, Colin & Susan.
Sadly, Colin passed away in early 2023, following a short illness, but is survived by his much-loved partner Susan, who was raised to be someone’s Christmas dinner, before her owners had a change of heart and brought her to our sanctuary.
All turkey adoptions will help towards Susan’s ongoing care here at the sanctuary. Since Colin’s passing, we have been making sure Susan is as happy and comfortable as possible, and so by adopting today, you’ll not only be celebrating Colin’s life and memory, but helping to care for his companion Susan, too.
- a personalised adoption certificate from our founders David & DJ
- a framed photograph of your chosen animal
- a beautiful welsh slate coaster engraved with the footprint of your new friend
- a recipe card featuring a delicious plant-based dish to create at home
- a Goodheart fridge magnet, pen, and sheet of stickers
- PLUS regular email updates on how Susan is getting on.
Colin and Susan's rescue story:
Susan was bought by her previous owners to be raised for Christmas. Before long, however, her quirky character had won them over and, as December approached, they couldn’t bring themselves to send her for slaughter. Instead, she came to live at Goodheart Farm Animal Sanctuary.
Colin arrived soon after and was instantly besotted with Susan. The pair spent their days roaming the sanctuary together, pecking at fruit from the trees – oh, and the odd shiny car! Although Colin sadly passed away in 2023, Susan lives on at the sanctuary and now lives with our friendly goose gang.